In praise of the passing parade

My Window_sill. A hole in the wall of life

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Winter chill

Its so cold and grey today. nearly the winter solstice.
The temperature brings a time of sneezes and sniffles, of dry skin and heavy electricity bills.
Last night I put flannalette sheets on the bed, brought out an extra blanket and dusted off the winter weight doona.
Before going to bed I had a hot curry and a glass of rum, but I was still shivering. So I did some exercises under the blankets to try to generate some warmth.
Its what people used to call a three dog night. Spare a thought for those sleeping rough, without shelter.
Poor public servants, down in our capital - Canberra - have none of the luxuries like cardboard box sheets to keep them warm in their boarding houses and communal dormitories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home