In praise of the passing parade

My Window_sill. A hole in the wall of life

Friday, August 07, 2009

I didn't start the fire

A couple of new pics I’m pleased with on Flickr.
I woke early this morning to the sound of crackling. It couldn’t be hail, too much snapping to be distant gunfire. With sleep out of my ears I recognized the sound of burning wood crackling. I couldn’t see anything out the windows on either side, so I thought there might not be immediate danger. Lots of sirens. I thought this was a bit too much to try to investigate in slippers and bathrobe, so I pulled on some clothes that might be OK if I needed to walk on burning coals. When I got there only one brigade had arrived. By the time I left there were ten, including two long ladder trucks. The police wouldn’t let me get too close; bastards, they let late arriving media though the tapes, but I got a couple of shots early before the media had the easy job of photographing in the light.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home